Fall 2021 Update
With construction in Carnegie Building, the advising office has moved to downtown State College — 112 West Foster Avenue — for the fall semester. The office is located about a block past Panera (corner of Allen Street and Beaver Avenue) near the high school football field. Use this QR code for map and directions.
Advising appointments may be scheduled (details below) in person or virtually.
The Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications recognizes the importance of advising and supports students as they plan and achieve their academic and career goals. A dedicated, nine-person advising staff exists for one-on-one meetings, drop-in hours and small group sessions with students.
The ultimate responsibility for understanding University policies and completing all degree requirements rests with the student. However, the advising office can assist students with information and advice on:
Call 814-865-1503, 814-865-1591 or schedule online.
-- In Person and Virtual Drop-In Hours --
(15 minutes to discuss scheduling isssues or brief advising concerns)
Thursdays: 9-11 a.m. and 1-4 p.m.
In Person: Bellisario College Tent, behind Carnegie Building
Virtual: Zoom, https://psu.zoom.us/j/98526463744
-- Scheduling an Appointment --
(30 minute appointments for longer discussions regarding scheduling, graduation plans, study abroad and more)
- To schedule an appointment, please schedule through Starfish LINK
- How to schedule an appointment in Starfish. INFO
- What do you need help with / appointment type = Advising for Assigned Advisees (If you are choosing "Advising for Any Student" you will not see any availability listed.)
- Academic Calendars
- Undergraduate Bulletin — Majors, minors and more.
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Warning and Suspension
For honors and special courses:
- COMM 494 Application for Undergraduate Research Credits
- COMM 496 Independent Study
- COMM 496H Honors Independent Study
- COMM 494 TA Guidelines
- Schreyer Honors College Thesis Guidelines
- Building Skills for Academic Success
- Course Selection and Scheduling
- Choosing Majors, Minors and Certificates
- Education Abroad, Embedded Programs, Hollywood Program and the Stanley E. Degler Washington Program
- Requirements and Certification for Graduation