Telecommunications and Media Industries
Associate Professor, Department of Telecommunications, and Director, Center for Penn State Student Entrepreneurship
- Media Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship Pedagogy
- Digital Economy Self-Employment
- Bachelor's: University of Michigan
- Ph.D.: Michigan State University
Anne Hoag teaches and conducts research in the areas of media entrepreneurship, digital economy self-employment and entrepreneurship pedagogy. She is a member of the Department of Telecommunications and director of the Center for Penn State Student Entrepreneurship.
She has published in the Journal of Media Economics, Organization Science, International Journal on Media Management, Journalism and Mass Communications Educator, Journal of Computer Mediated Communication, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, and Telematics and Informatics.
Combining her interest in entrepreneurship and the $2.8 billion knitting and yarn industry, a current book project, "Knitting Entrepreneurship," will be published in 2024. Before joining the Penn State faculty, she worked in the cable television and advertising industries.
In the News
- Bellisario College students ready to travel for working spring break trips
- Bellisario College honors faculty, staff with Deans’ Excellence Awards
- Five ways Penn State undergraduates can learn about entrepreneurship
- Hoag appointed director of entrepreneurship and innovation minor
- Penn State student teams awarded 1st, 2nd prizes at Civitas Hackathon
10 Willard Building (Bellisario Media Center)