Associate Teaching Professor
- Bachelor's: University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Master's: Boston University
Rod Bingaman has over 25 years of industry experience including work on feature films, commercials, broadcast television and corporate communications as a writer, director, cameraman and editor.
Among his directing credits are various commercial spots, including a national March of Dimes campaign, an award-winning short narrative film and four features: "A Holiday Affair" (Audience Award at the Brooklyn Film Festival, 2001), "Hooray for Mister Touchdown" (Goliath Media, 2004), "Chasing Butterflies" (Vanguard Cinema, 2009) and "Ripped! (Monarch Films 2014). He is the former recipient of the Massachusetts Cultural Council Artist Grant and has received both the Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications Excellence in Teaching Award (2001, 2011) and the Bellisario College Alumni Society Board Excellence in Teaching Award (2005).
In the News
- Faculty film selected for screening in Hollywood
- State Theatre to host film event
- Faculty members honored for excellence
- Feature-length film set for premiere
- Communications institutes inspire high school journalists, filmmakers
- Penn State professors, students bring parallel plotlines to the silver screen
311 Willard Building (Bellisario Media Center)