Scheduling an Appointment
- Visit the Nittany Lion Careers WEBSITE and login
- On the home screen of your Nittany Lion Careers account, use the left-side toolbar and choose the sixth option "Counseling Appt."
- Click on the “Request New Appointment” button.
- In the “Type” section, your option will be “Virtual.” We do not offer in-person appointments at this point.
"Date Range" and "Time Range" alone. When choosing the "Length" of your meeting keep the following items in mind. You MUST choose a meeting length. If you DO NOT it will default to a 30-minute meeting which is not always an appropriate amount of time.
a) Our office does not offer 15-minute or 45-minute appointments
b) 30-minute appointments are for quick check-ins, resume review or follow-up from a previous meeting.
c) 60-minute appointments are appropriate for internship search meetings with Julie Miller or short career meetings with Bob Martin
d) 90-minutes appointments are appropriate for full career strategy meetings with Bob Martin
- Under the "Location" pull-down menu please choose either: Virtual - Communications - Bob Martin or Virtual - Communications - Julie Miller
- Depending on who you pick you will need to check the box next to the appropriate name under the "Counselor(s)" heading.
- Click on "Check Availability"
- A list of possible dates and times will appear on the right. Select the date and time that works best with your schedule.
- You can either refine your results to see different options or select an appointment from the list on the right that works for you.
- Complete all fields with an asterisk "*".
- Make sure to select the appropriate appointment type so our staff knows what you hope to discuss. Then, "Submit Request".
- Your appointment request will initially show up as a “Requested Appointment”. Once we confirm your appointment the appointment will move to “Approved Appointment”.
- You will receive an email confirmation that your request has been received and then approved/rejected, along with a reminder about your appointment the day before. Included in the email will be the link to your meeting Zoom room.
- If you need to reschedule, you can do so up to 24 hours before your appointment through your Nittany Lion Careers account. If an emergency comes up within 24 hours, call or email Stephanie Girouard (814-865-4349, firstname.lastname@example.org).